Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Railfan

Default Can you add the FIM-A code using mailmerge?

I can get the FIM-A code if I use Envelopes and Labels but I cannot get the
option when using mailmerge to creat envelopes. can you usemialmerge and
place the FIM-A code on the envelopes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

FIM-A is almost certainly not applicable to envelopes that you would create
by mailmerge.

See USPS Publication 25, Chapter 5 at
http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub25/Pub25ch5.htm

To get the delivery point bar code onto a mailmerge envelope, copy and paste
the set up from an ordinary envelope into the mailmerge main document and
replace the elements of the delivery address with the respective mergefields
and then select the zipcode merge field and insert a bookmark with the name
ENV_ZIPCODE1

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.