Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David Krugler David Krugler is offline

Default Problem with Envelope and Addressee Region

OK, this one is new to me and I don't know what setting is messed up.

XP Pro SP2 with Office 2003 (V 11 Build 5604) I have the following in Word
as AddressLayout

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_LOCALITY}{, PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE PR_POSTAL_CODE}

Now if the region for the contact is filled in (Unitied States of America)
for in Outlook, the PR_COMPANY_NAME does not show up. If I take it out,
PR_COMPANY_NAME shows up.

Now I have taken out the Region for all the contacts, and all is working
now, but I would either like to know how to remove "United States" from the
default of the address when adding a contact, or fix Word to not get messed
up when Region is filled in.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I've tried replicating this problem but have not been able to do so.

I wonder if the following would work, assuming most of your addresses are
U.S. ones:

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{ PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

?

As I understand it, the PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS item should only include the
country if it isn't "your own" (and I think that means "the one set up in
Windows Control Panel Regional settings).

but I would either like to know how to remove "United States" from the
default of the address when adding a contact,

As far as I know, Outlook adds the country when it tries to "check" the
address. The country drop-down doesn't include a No country option, but
you can delete the suggested country and it then should not appear in the
address. Personally I would probably try to keep the country in there, if
for no other reason than that Outlook basically expects to have one, but I
suppose that's simply a personal preference.

Peter Jamieson

"David Krugler" David wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check the size of the frame that forms part of the Envelope Address
paragraph style http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm . If it
has the default fixed height, there may not be enough room for both company
and country.
You may find http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm useful also.

David Krugler wrote:
OK, this one is new to me and I don't know what setting is messed up.

XP Pro SP2 with Office 2003 (V 11 Build 5604) I have the following in
Word as AddressLayout

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_LOCALITY}{, PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE PR_POSTAL_CODE}

Now if the region for the contact is filled in (Unitied States of
America) for in Outlook, the PR_COMPANY_NAME does not show up. If I
take it out, PR_COMPANY_NAME shows up.

Now I have taken out the Region for all the contacts, and all is
working now, but I would either like to know how to remove "United
States" from the default of the address when adding a contact, or fix
Word to not get messed up when Region is filled in.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David A. Krugler David A. Krugler is offline

Default Continuing to Have Problems

I tried just using the PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS, and I get an e-mail instead of his Company Name. Here is what I have.....

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_LOCALITY}{, PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE PR_POSTAL_CODE}

which gives me this
Joe Bloe
2787 Park Dr. NE
My City, MN 55555

and I have tried
{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

and I get

Joe Bloe )
2787 Park Dr. NE
My City, MN 55555

I don't know if I can include a contact, but I am experiencing the same thing in my office and can't figure what the difference is, except to remove the "United States of America" item. (Basically leaving it blank) Nothing wrong with it, but when you add the person in as a contact, it defaults it there.

A Womand Told Me
http://www.awomantoldme.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Islandtop Islandtop is offline

I am not sure I understand your problem but I have a thought to consider.
Does your data have a header name for every column of data. If you have a
column with no header name then the mail merge will take data for a name to
the right of the blank header column from the column to the left of the one
you were expecting (hope that makes sense). If you had 2 columns with no
header and were trying to call data from a column to the right of both the
data would be out by 2 columns.

Islandtop

"David Krugler" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

FWIW it's more to do with what happens when you insert an addess from the
address book into Word - word uses the Addresslayout autotext entry to lay
out the fields, and it is evidently still going wrong in this case. This
conversation was last "active several months ago so you may not be seeing
the original posts. I'll try researching this when I have a bit more time
(not for a few days now) but you are of course welcome to do so!

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk