The Bowman 64

Default Text won't delete and cursor does odd things

Help. On my laptop when I select text in a sentence and hit backspace or
delete, the text isn't deleted, or if it is the cursor then moves to the end
of the sentence. If I put the cursor in the middle of a word and hit
backspace it deletes the letter to the left of the cursor but then the cursor
moves quickly to the end of the sentence. Most of the time when I insert the
cursor in between two letters in a word it won't even stay there and moves
quickly to the end of the sentence.

This is a pain and I've never had anything like this happen and i don't know
diddley about computers....can anyone help me?

Desparate

PS
I have an IBM R 50 and have XP Professional