Kamran

Default Pg numbering XX of YY

I have a document w/ ToC and section breaks. The main body of the document
has a footer reading "Page XX of YY". The problem is that the YY is counting
the first several pages including the cover and ToC, even though those are
using Roman numerals. The body has 21 pages and the last page reads "Page 21
of 24". How can I make the total pages number field match the page count in
the main body section of the document?

Thanks for the help.
Kamran.
garfield-n-odie

If the cover and ToC are in section 1, and everything else is in section
2, then you can change the { NUMPAGES } field to a { SECTIONPAGES }
field. Open the footer, press Alt+F9 to display field codes, change the
field, press Alt+F9 to display field results, and close the footer.

Kamran wrote:

I have a document w/ ToC and section breaks. The main body of the document
has a footer reading "Page XX of YY". The problem is that the YY is counting
the first several pages including the cover and ToC, even though those are
using Roman numerals. The body has 21 pages and the last page reads "Page 21
of 24". How can I make the total pages number field match the page count in
the main body section of the document?

Thanks for the help.
Kamran.

Charles Kenyon

Otherwise, take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. It shows how to
construct fields that add/subtract to actual page counts.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Kamran wrote:

I have a document w/ ToC and section breaks. The main body of the
document has a footer reading "Page XX of YY". The problem is that the
YY is counting the first several pages including the cover and ToC, even
though those are using Roman numerals. The body has 21 pages and the
last page reads "Page 21 of 24". How can I make the total pages number
field match the page count in the main body section of the document?

Thanks for the help.
Kamran.

Kamran

Thanks, Garfield, I had never used the SECTIONPAGES field before. And it
would have worked in my case, except I forgot I have two more section breaks
in my document for a lanscape page I have in the middle. Is there a way to
add up page numbers from various sections? In the meantime I've used a page
number reference for a heading on the last page, which seems to work okay.

Kamran wrote:

I have a document w/ ToC and section breaks. The main body of the document
has a footer reading "Page XX of YY". The problem is that the YY is counting
the first several pages including the cover and ToC, even though those are
using Roman numerals. The body has 21 pages and the last page reads "Page 21
of 24". How can I make the total pages number field match the page count in
the main body section of the document?

Thanks for the help.
Kamran.

Kamran

Thanks, Charles, very cool tips in that article. After reading it, I figured
since the cover and ToC take up three pages, I could just use { = {
NUMPAGES} - 3 }. That works!