Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Adrian Buchan Adrian Buchan is offline

Default Field formatting problem

Hi,

I'm having a real problem with field formatting in MS Word 2003 that,
despite many hours of fiddling around, I haven't been able to solve and I
was hoping someone here could shed some light on this.

I'm trying to use a ref field to replicate several lines of text entered
into a textbox elsewhere in my document while maintaining the formatting I
specify for the ref field.

Each time I modify the original text in the textbox and update the ref
field, the formatting I specified at the ref field is only half respected -
the first and last lines of text are formatted as I'd like but the middle
line is formatted differently. Each time I re-apply the formatting to the
entire field and re-update it, this bizarre inconsistent formatting returns.

I've tried using the different MERGEFORMAT and CHARFORMAT switches to see if
this makes a difference, and it doesn't seem to. I've also tried removing
all switches altogether. These are the various combinations I've tried:

{ REF Tab23 \* }
{ REF Tab23 \* MERGEFORMAT }
{ REF Tab23 \* CHARFORMAT }

But all produce the same output. For example the output I receive is:

General Hospital (bold, size 16)
Clinical Records (regular, size 8)
Patient A (bold, size 16)

The bold, size 12 text was what I wanted but as you can see, the middle line
loses the formatting.

Would somebody be able to point me in the right direction? Am I using the
wrong switch here? I just need consistent formatting for each line of text.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Adrian

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4006 (20090414) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Adrian,

Your field coded as { REF Tab23 \* CHARFORMAT } should work, provided you format the 'R' in 'REF' with the attributes you want.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Adrian Buchan" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] ade.buk@googlemail.com is offline

Hi,

Me again posting from a different address. Thank you so much for the
information, this solved the problem straight away.

Much appreciated.

Adrian