Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] chiroo@gmail.com is offline

Default How do you change Section Layout properties in Word (2003)templates?

Hi there,

I'm noticing that there are 2 sections (right after the cover page and
after the table of contents page) that end with a "Section Break (Odd
Page)". I would like to change this to just New Page instead of Odd
Page, because this is adding an extra blank page.

However, I can't seem to access "Section" configurations in the
template. When you modify styles, there doesn't seem to be a way to
get to those options. In fact, the only way I found out about this
issue was by clicking "Reveal formatting".

Each section (ie. Margins, Layout, Paper, Header and Footer, etc) is
hyperlinked to its corresponding dialog box, so I tried changing the
settings there and saving the template. However, these changes don't
stick, because the blank pages are still showing up in other files.

Any help provided would be great. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How do you change Section Layout properties in Word (2003) templ

Please read the following which gives very good instructions on how to manage
section breaks:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...onscontent.htm

To change one section break type to another is handled in the Page Setup
dialog box.
Select the section break you wish to change, I tend to select the preceding
paragraph mark and the the first paragraph mark after the section break;
File, Page Setup, Layout, change the Section Start to the New Page type you
want.
Hope this helps
DeanH

" wrote:

Hi there,

I'm noticing that there are 2 sections (right after the cover page and
after the table of contents page) that end with a "Section Break (Odd
Page)". I would like to change this to just New Page instead of Odd
Page, because this is adding an extra blank page.

However, I can't seem to access "Section" configurations in the
template. When you modify styles, there doesn't seem to be a way to
get to those options. In fact, the only way I found out about this
issue was by clicking "Reveal formatting".

Each section (ie. Margins, Layout, Paper, Header and Footer, etc) is
hyperlinked to its corresponding dialog box, so I tried changing the
settings there and saving the template. However, these changes don't
stick, because the blank pages are still showing up in other files.

Any help provided would be great. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your statement "However, these changes don't
stick, because the blank pages are still showing up in other files." but
it's rather ambiguous what you mean by "other files". If you expect
pre-existing files to be affected by changes made later to the template on
which they were based, that ain't gonna happen. A template dictates the
defaults for a new document but once that document is created there is no
dynamic connection between it & the template from which it was generated.
Any documents created prior to modification of the template will have to be
individually edited.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones