Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laurie Laurie is offline

Default Using autotext to create a watermark

How can I create a watermark using autotext?
--
Laurie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert the watermark. Open the header view. Select the watermark. Press
ALT+F3

Laurie wrote:
How can I create a watermark using autotext?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laurie Laurie is offline

I cannot insert the watermark in the autotext.
--
Laurie

Laurie wrote:
How can I create a watermark using autotext?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This just creates the AutoText entry; to insert it in a document you must
type the name of the entry and press F3 (or press Enter if you get an
AutoComplete tip). See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

http://word.mvps.org

Laurie wrote:
How can I create a watermark using autotext?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laurie Laurie is offline

After I create the watermark, i cannot select it. I tried highlighting it
and also tried "CTR A" and it still will not allow me to select it therefore
i cannot save it in Quick Parts.
--
Laurie

Laurie wrote:
How can I create a watermark using autotext?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

First you have to open the header (right-click there and click Edit Header).
Then you can click on the watermark.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman