Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linda in Waterloo Ontario Linda in Waterloo Ontario is offline

Default Watermarks replace Headers in my Word 20003 Document

When I try adding a "draft" watermark to a Word document, the watermark
appears where it should but it removes the headers. This happens on some
pages only which means I have to look through the entire document to ensure
the headers are still there. I can't do without the headers (logos, etc.) €¦
they have to remain there, as well as the footers. I have Word 2003. Do I
have to go to each new section and add the headers back in? Looking for an
easier solution, because the report I'm working with is over 200 pages with a
huge number of section breaks. I'd appreciate any help available €“ thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Another user had a similar problem recently and I replied (almost) as
follows:

The problems arise as there are three possible headers for each section, and
each header would need to be addressed separately with due regard for
whatever may already be in the header to which you wish to add a watermark.

If I was doing this for myself, I would save the watermark as an autotext
entry (building block in Word 2007) in the normal template (or the document
template) . Then insert the autotext (building block) entry at the end of
each of the header ranges, for each section, as follows.

Insert the watermark in a blank document. Open the header, select the
watermark and save it as an autotext entry. If you save the autotext entry
in the document template then instead of references to NormalTemplate use
ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate

Sub Draft_Word2003()
Dim i As Long
Dim oRange As Range
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
Set oRange =
ActiveDocument.Sections(i).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Range
oRange.Collapse wdCollapseEnd
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("DRAFT") _
.Insert Whe=oRange, _
RichText:=True
Set oRange =
ActiveDocument.Sections(i).Headers(wdHeaderFooterP rimary).Range
oRange.Collapse wdCollapseEnd
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("DRAFT") _
.Insert Whe=oRange, _
RichText:=True
Set oRange =
ActiveDocument.Sections(i).Headers(wdHeaderFooterE venPages).Range
oRange.Collapse wdCollapseEnd
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("DRAFT") _
.Insert Whe=oRange, _
RichText:=True
Next i
End Sub