Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frittycincy Frittycincy is offline

Default where can u find a free dictionary download to the hard drive

I remeber with windows 95 I had a dictionary that was on my hard drive and
when I came across a word I wanted to learn the definition for I only had to
right click on the word to get the meaning of it. So I would like to know if
anyone knows how I can get that back it didn't come with XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] is offline

Hello,

If you have Office (2003 or 2007), you have access to the Encarta
monolingual English dictionary via the Research pane if you are online. You
can right-click on a word from within any Office application (e.g. Word),
select "Look up" and the definition will be displayed in the Research pane.
You can also simultaneously press the ALT key and left-click on a word to
achieve the same result.

I hope it will help.

Best wishes,

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]
Microsoft Natural Language Group

"Frittycincy" wrote:

I remeber with windows 95 I had a dictionary that was on my hard drive and
when I came across a word I wanted to learn the definition for I only had to
right click on the word to get the meaning of it. So I would like to know if
anyone knows how I can get that back it didn't come with XP

cand find document not saved on hard drive Michelle New Users 1 February 16th 09 04:48 AM
find a saved document, or typed document on the hard drive John H. Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 06 04:45 PM
Hard Drive Denise Microsoft Word Help 2 February 20th 06 03:50 AM
I can't find a free, word 2002 download Gradius16493 New Users 16 November 12th 05 07:13 AM
How do I save a file from my hard drive to a CD in my F drive? Big George Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 10:04 PM