Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony H[_2_] Tony H[_2_] is offline

Default number from 001

How do I format page numbers with an 001 format ?
and
Can I have the number placed left AND centre ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use a SEQ field such as the following: { SEQ myseq \# "000" }.

To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type the code as shown
(but note that you don't have to use "myseq" for an identifier). Press F9 to
update. Use Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

To duplicate a field, you can repeat the above procedure, or you can use
copy and paste.

Note that SEQ fields don't update automatically (which will be apparent if
you used copy and paste to insert additional fields). To force an update,
you can switch to Print Preview and back to your favorite view, or you can
select the whole document (Ctrl+A) and press F9.

For more, take a look at this article:

Field codes: Seq (Sequence) field
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH061047291033

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tony H" wrote in message
How do I format page numbers with an 001 format ?
and
Can I have the number placed left AND centre ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

For a page number field, simply select the field and press Shift-F9 to expose the code, which will look like {PAGE}. Then add a
numeric picture switch to the field, thus: {PAGE \# 000}. When you're done, press F9 to update. You can, of course, have page
numbers wherever you like in the header or footer - it just a matter of formatting and inserting the fields wherever you want them.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Tony H" wrote in message ...
How do I format page numbers with an 001 format ?
and
Can I have the number placed left AND centre ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The PAGE field updates only once per page. You can put as many PAGE fields
as you like on a page, and they will all show the same number.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I guessed that Stefan used two REF fields because two PAGE fields
would show two successive page numbers on the same page?

On Sep 24, 7:45 pm, "macropod" wrote:
For a page number field, simply select the field and press Shift-F9 to
expose the code, which will look like {PAGE}. Then add a
numeric picture switch to the field, thus: {PAGE \# 000}. When you're
done, press F9 to update. You can, of course, have page
numbers wherever you like in the header or footer - it just a matter of
formatting and inserting the fields wherever you want them.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Tony H" wrote in
How do I format page numbers with an 001 format ?
and
Can I have the number placed left AND centre ?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually what I suggested was using SEQ fields, but I wasn't paying
attention: I missed that the original poster wanted to format a sequence of
*page numbers*. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP