Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Johanna Gronlund Johanna Gronlund is offline

Default Form field shading larger

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a form that needs to have form text field shading
off. Hence, the user is unable to see where the text fields are. My text
fields tend to be tables where the box is larger than the form field. If the
user clicks to the right of the form field (but within the right box), word
automatically takes the cursor to the next text box. Is there anyway of
making the form field the same size as the text box?

Thanks,

Johanna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Almost Expert :P[_2_] Word Almost Expert :P[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Here is a work-around. Double-click the form field. Then in "Default text"
area, type a whole bunch of spaces and then click "OK".

That should work.

"Johanna Gronlund" wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a form that needs to have form text field shading
off. Hence, the user is unable to see where the text fields are. My text
fields tend to be tables where the box is larger than the form field. If the
user clicks to the right of the form field (but within the right box), word
automatically takes the cursor to the next text box. Is there anyway of
making the form field the same size as the text box?

Thanks,

Johanna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Johanna Gronlund Johanna Gronlund is offline

Thanks for your reply. Is there any other way? I'm going to export the
information to an excel spreadsheet. The spaces would cause problems in data
analysis later on.

Johanna

"Johanna Gronlund" wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a form that needs to have form text field shading
off. Hence, the user is unable to see where the text fields are. My text
fields tend to be tables where the box is larger than the form field. If the
user clicks to the right of the form field (but within the right box), word
automatically takes the cursor to the next text box. Is there anyway of
making the form field the same size as the text box?

Thanks,

Johanna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe the easiest solution would be to have field shading turned *on*.
May I ask why that is not an option?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Johanna Gronlund" wrote in
message ...

"Johanna Gronlund" wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a form that needs to have form text field
shading
off. Hence, the user is unable to see where the text fields are. My
text
fields tend to be tables where the box is larger than the form field.
If the
user clicks to the right of the form field (but within the right box),
word
automatically takes the cursor to the next text box. Is there anyway of
making the form field the same size as the text box?

Thanks,

Johanna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Johanna Gronlund Johanna Gronlund is offline

I guess that could be an option if there is no other reasonably easy way
around it. If I email this document out to people with various versions of ms
word, would the field shading stay on?

Thanks, Johanna

"Johanna Gronlund" wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a form that needs to have form text field
shading
off. Hence, the user is unable to see where the text fields are. My
text
fields tend to be tables where the box is larger than the form field.
If the
user clicks to the right of the form field (but within the right box),
word
automatically takes the cursor to the next text box. Is there anyway of
making the form field the same size as the text box?

Thanks,

Johanna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe the setting for form field shading is saved with the document.

On the other hand, following the suggestion made by "Word Almost Expert :P"
note that you don't have to fill the field with spaces; you can add more
meaningful default text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP