Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meenie Meenie is offline

Default As a writer, whats the best way to use Word to edit a manuscript?

I'd like to be able to make changes and still see the original until I decide
to make the new change permanent. Is there a way to do this?
thanks for any suggestions.
I have Word 2003 btw.

Thanks, Meenie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meenie Meenie is offline

Default As a writer, whats the best way to use Word to edit a manuscri

No, what does "track changes" do?

"Meenie" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to make changes and still see the original until I
decide
to make the new change permanent. Is there a way to do this?
thanks for any suggestions.
I have Word 2003 btw.

Thanks, Meenie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meenie Meenie is offline

Oh hey, I turned it on and it works great. I'd tried it before and it didn't
seem to do anything... not sure what I did this time but it worked, lol. I
had picked everything and hit ok but nothing happened when I inserted
something or deleted something.
I went back and chose it again - all my choices were still there. I hit ok
again and now it works.
Now when I insert something new I have it dk blue and in italic and when I
delete something it's still there but in a light green.
that's terrific, thanks a lot!

"Meenie" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to make changes and still see the original until I
decide
to make the new change permanent. Is there a way to do this?
thanks for any suggestions.
I have Word 2003 btw.

Thanks, Meenie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
for more info.

http://word.mvps.org

"Meenie" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to make changes and still see the original until I
decide
to make the new change permanent. Is there a way to do this?
thanks for any suggestions.
I have Word 2003 btw.

Thanks, Meenie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, I've written a fair number of articles about Word for
http://word.mvps.org and http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/, and I have a
blog, but no, I'm not primarily a writer; I'm primarily an editor.

http://word.mvps.org