Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

Default Data entry form in word?

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to create a data entry form like in excel
in Word 2003? To renew my license I have to type my conferences in the
format below. I want to create a tool for our staff that is easy to use for
someone who is not real computer literate. I know there are many people who
still don't know how to R click copy/paste but I believe they all have used
Word at some time or another. I would like to have them enter the info in a
form and then have it concatenate like excel or access does so they can
easily copy and paste it right from their document. I would like the
document to be a template so they can just open it up from our intranet
website and save it to their own home drive. I am thinking that maybe
Access would be my best tool but if word can do it, I think the staff would
be better able to handle that. I'll post on the access and excel group too
to see what option best works for me as I am kind of a novice in all 3
programs.

List your CE courses using the following format: Course title, Date of
Course, Number of Hours, Accrediting Body. If you list more than one course,
separate courses with a semicolon.

For example:

Legal and Ethical Considerations for the Respiratory Therapist, 10/22/08, 2,
AARC; After the Diagnosis, 09/30/08, 3.5, Ohio Nurses Association; Northwest
District Seminar V, 09/09/09, 6, AARC; Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: A
Disease with Increasing Hope (113), 06/29/09, 1, AARC

1.. Type the required information in a text based program. Any text
program will do. We suggested WORD or WORDPAD, but any text based program
works. The point is to be able to copy and paste once the formatted text is
ready. Type the information in a single string of text, no hard returns or
lines. Also, ABBREVIATE, ABBREVIATE, ABBREVIATE. The system only takes
1000 characters and we do not mind if you significantly abbreviate course
titles. Cut (or Copy) and Paste the information in the entry box on the
online system.
Thanks,
Linda