Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mosamasharaf mosamasharaf is offline

Default In word 2007 my left mouse button has suddenly stopped working

In word 2007 my left mouse button has suddenly stopped working. I can click
on icons but not on text. Any ideas how to fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MikeCPA MikeCPA is offline

"mosamasharaf" wrote:

In word 2007 my left mouse button has suddenly stopped working. I can click
on icons but not on text. Any ideas how to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MikeCPA MikeCPA is offline

I am having a similar problem with word 2007. It seemed to occur after an
update. I can't select text in the word document. Niether the left or right
button will do anything with text in the document. I can select text uisng
the keyboard. Does MS have fix or patch?

MikeCPA

"mosamasharaf" wrote:

In word 2007 my left mouse button has suddenly stopped working. I can click
on icons but not on text. Any ideas how to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MikeCPA MikeCPA is offline

Here is a fix that works for me in Word 2007.

Open Word in safe mode. To do this click on the Windows symbol, if you're
running this to in the lower left-hand corner of the screen type the word
"run" in the search box. Then click on the results. A dialog box will open,
type the following in the dialog box -- winword.exe /a.

Word 2007 will open in safe mode -- that means the add-ins will not load.
Now click on the office symbol in the upper left corner of the screen. Select
word options. In the resulting dialog box you will be able to click on
add-ins. In the view and manage Microsoft add-ins dialog box go to the bottom
of the box where it says manage: click on the arrow key to open the menu
items and select disable add-ins. Click OK and close word. I rebooted my
machine.

After reboot reopen word normally. Try typing some text and see if you can
select it with the mouse. You can select the text, you know you have any
add-in problem. Now reenable your add-ins one at a time until you find the
ad in. That is causing the problem. Then disable the ending.

MikeCPA

"mosamasharaf" wrote:

In word 2007 my left mouse button has suddenly stopped working. I can click
on icons but not on text. Any ideas how to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kg7ka kg7ka is offline

See the article above "Mouse stopped working in Word 2007". It worked for me.