Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
duck duck is offline

Default linking the pagepreview of an excel file in word.

I would like it that i can paste some sort of image in word. The image must
be the same as the page preview of the excel file. At the same time I need
the image to be linked at the excel file. So when I change anything in the
excel file, it changes to in the image in the word file. I already tried with
insert object and paste special but i dont really get the result i want.

I hope my question is clear and I hope to have an answer soon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Turn off the gridline display in Excel
Copy the range to the clipboard
Edit Paste Special as Picture with the link option checked.

duck wrote:
I would like it that i can paste some sort of image in word. The
image must be the same as the page preview of the excel file. At the
same time I need the image to be linked at the excel file. So when I
change anything in the excel file, it changes to in the image in the
word file. I already tried with insert object and paste special but i
dont really get the result i want.

I hope my question is clear and I hope to have an answer soon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
duck duck is offline

I tried it but the result wasn't like i want it. The range I am copying from
excel to word is exactly 1 page or a little less. When I do it your way, not
the whole range is displayed on 1 page. The bottom part is missing

duck wrote:
I would like it that i can paste some sort of image in word. The
image must be the same as the page preview of the excel file. At the
same time I need the image to be linked at the excel file. So when I
change anything in the excel file, it changes to in the image in the
word file. I already tried with insert object and paste special but i
dont really get the result i want.

I hope my question is clear and I hope to have an answer soon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What result do you want? Are you saying you don't want to see the gridlines?
If that's the case you need to turn them off in Excel. The "View Gridlines"
option can be found in Excel options. (Office button/Excel Options for Excel
2007 and Tools/Options for previous versions.) If this isn't what you are
looking for then can you provide us with some additonal details?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"duck" wrote in message
I would like it that i can paste some sort of image in word. The image must
be the same as the page preview of the excel file. At the same time I need
the image to be linked at the excel file. So when I change anything in the
excel file, it changes to in the image in the word file. I already tried
with
insert object and paste special but i dont really get the result i want.

I hope my question is clear and I hope to have an answer soon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
duck duck is offline

I solved the problem doing what Graham said and changing some other values.

"duck" wrote in message
I would like it that i can paste some sort of image in word. The image must
be the same as the page preview of the excel file. At the same time I need
the image to be linked at the excel file. So when I change anything in the
excel file, it changes to in the image in the word file. I already tried
with
insert object and paste special but i dont really get the result i want.

I hope my question is clear and I hope to have an answer soon

Linking Excel file and Word File hanadiv Microsoft Word Help 8 August 15th 08 04:22 AM
Linking Excel and Word momof3inco Microsoft Word Help 1 April 6th 07 07:07 PM
Linking Word and Excel Brd017 Tables 2 March 5th 07 08:01 PM
Linking Word and Excel Innes Microsoft Word Help 4 August 17th 05 01:00 PM
Linking to multi-page Excel file from Word Marky P Microsoft Word Help 1 May 11th 05 04:16 PM