Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
tammy tammy is offline

Default Ruler changing for different pages of a table

Hello,

I really can't figure this one out. I have a very large table - when I click
in a cell on some pages the ruler displays properly (meaning the margins are
properly set from left to right, column breaks are correct, and line up with
the table below). On other pages the rulers starts way out on the left - the
measurements for the columns on the ruler seem correct, but do not line up
with the columns in the table below. This is really hard to explain without
being able to insert a snipit, I hope you can understand what I'm trying to
say.

Is there a way to get the ruler back to "normal" for the whole table?

There is only one section in this document, and the table appears to be
lined up properly throughout the whole document. However, we are trying to
paste it into another application and are encountering major problems. After
examining the file closer, I found the ruler shifting back and forth, and not
lining up with the columns in the table for some pages. Also, It's not like
there is a "negative" indent -the ruler appears to be starting at the zero
mark, just not within the margins of the document below.

We use Word 2007, but the file is saved as 97-2003.

Any suggestions? Need any further information? Thanks for any tips!