Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gmhyman gmhyman is offline

Default envelope return address cut off on left side

In Word 2003 I'm trying to print envelopes on a Kodak 5100 printer. My
return address gets clipped on the left - only the last 2 or 3 characters
print, it looks like there's some sort of margin problem.

This happens regardless of the envelope size I choose. I've recovered an
old normal.dot from backup, but that doesn't seem to help either.

I think (but not sure) that this used to work, but I don't exactly remember
when,and no, I don't remember changing anything, but I probably did
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lem Lem is offline

gmhyman wrote:
In Word 2003 I'm trying to print envelopes on a Kodak 5100 printer. My
return address gets clipped on the left - only the last 2 or 3 characters
print, it looks like there's some sort of margin problem.

This happens regardless of the envelope size I choose. I've recovered an
old normal.dot from backup, but that doesn't seem to help either.

I think (but not sure) that this used to work, but I don't exactly remember
when,and no, I don't remember changing anything, but I probably did

When this happened to me recently, I fixed it by completely removing the
printer driver and all related software (see
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm) and then
re-installing the driver.

Try adding the envelope to the document (instead of directly printing).
I suspect that it will display correctly (if not, you have a different
problem) even though it won't print properly.

If you have another printer connected to your computer, try printing an
envelope from Word 2003 to that printer. It that one works OK (which it
did for me), that strongly suggests that the problem is in the
printer-related software and not in Word.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP