Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Bechmann[_2_] Mark Bechmann[_2_] is offline

Default background color change

How do I change the actually color of the whole page from white to another
color without using templates and themes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Given that you mention themes (which are a bit more conspicuous in 2007 than
in Word 2003), I'll assume you're asking about Word 2007.

To set page background color in Word 2007, click the Page Layout tab, Page
Color dropdown arrow, and click any of the colors shown (whether or not they
are associated with a theme; i.e., the "Standard" color entries work, as
well).

Whether a background color will display is a function of several settings.
Page color will not display in Draft or Outline view.

It will also not display in Print Preview if the "Print background colors
and images" option is not ticked in Word Options - Display tab.

It will also not display in Print Layout view if the "Show background colors
and images in Print Layout view" option is not ticked in Word Options -
Advanced tab - Show Document Content section.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible