Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SherryL SherryL is offline

Default Formatting Issue

When I do a format change such as bold, italics, centering, etc., Word is
changing the ENTIRE document, not just the word(s) or paragraph. I then
"undo" for the formatting to be removed from all but the selected word(s) or
paragraph. This happens with each new document I start. How can I get Word to
change the formatting from just the selected item and not the entire
document? Yes, I've reloaded Word.
--
SherryL
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Sounds like Automatically Update is checked on your Normal style. You need
to modify your normal style and uncheck this box, then check add to template
check box. This should fix it.