Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Menl Menl is offline

Default heading numbering 2007 with alternate style Heading 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create the following numbering style for headings

Heading 1
1.1 Heading 2
1.1.1 Heading 3

Heading 1
2.1 Heading 2

So I would like to suppress the numbering in Heading 1, while leaving it
intact for the others. I managed to erase it for heading 1 but then it didn't
show the heading 1 number for the lower levels. So like .1 Heading 2 etc.

Your advice is greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The trick is to have numbering for level 1 (Heading 1 in this case) but
format the number as hidden so that it doesn't print. Use the Font button in
the multilevel list dialog box to apply the hidden formatting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Menl" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create the following numbering style for headings

Heading 1
1.1 Heading 2
1.1.1 Heading 3

Heading 1
2.1 Heading 2

So I would like to suppress the numbering in Heading 1, while leaving it
intact for the others. I managed to erase it for heading 1 but then it
didn't
show the heading 1 number for the lower levels. So like .1 Heading 2 etc.

Your advice is greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed. No spaces or tabs are desired in this case.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP