Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mystar1621 Mystar1621 is offline

Default how do I put info on both sides of page

I need to set up a document using Word 2007. I need to put information on
both sides of the page. All words that are left aligned move over when I want
to right align. How do I keep it from doing this?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I put info on both sides of page

To put information on both sides of the page in Word 2007, you can use the "Columns" feature. Here's how:
  1. Open a new or existing document in Word 2007.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Columns" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  4. Select the number of columns you want to use (e.g. two).
  5. If you want to adjust the width of the columns, click on "More Columns" at the bottom of the dropdown menu and adjust the settings as desired.
  6. Type or paste your content into the document, and it will automatically flow into the columns.

To keep left-aligned text from moving over when you right-align other text, you can use tabs instead of spaces to create the spacing between the two sets of text. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want the left-aligned text to end and the right-aligned text to begin.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Paragraph" group to expand it.
  4. Click on the "Tabs" button at the bottom of the group.
  5. In the "Tab stop position" field, enter the distance from the left margin where you want the tab to be (e.g. 6 inches).
  6. In the "Alignment" field, select "Right."
  7. Click "Set" and then "OK."
  8. Type or paste your left-aligned text up to the tab stop, then press the "Tab" key to move to the right-aligned text. The right-aligned text will stay in place and not move the left-aligned text.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:43:01 -0700, Mystar1621
wrote:

I need to set up a document using Word 2007. I need to put information on
both sides of the page. All words that are left aligned move over when I want
to right align. How do I keep it from doing this?

There are two possible methods:

1. If each paragraph is only one line: Add a right-aligned tab stop at
the right margin (display the horizontal ruler, click the "L" button
at the left end twice so it becomes a backward "L", then click on the
ruler at the right margin). Type the words at the left, press the Tab
key, and type the words at the right. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ettingTabs.htm for more
info.

2. Insert a two-column table. Turn off the table borders if you don't
want to see them. Select the right-hand column and set its paragraphs
to right-aligned. Type the left-aligned and right-aligned text into
the corresponding columns of the table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman