Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default How do I remove a header from the last page of a document?

I have a document that I need to have the header removed from the last page
to insert information without a header.
I am using Microsoft 2007, can anyone assist?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert a section break before the last page and break the link between the
section headers. Put whatever you wish in the two header ranges.

Cheryl wrote:
I have a document that I need to have the header removed from the
last page to insert information without a header.
I am using Microsoft 2007, can anyone assist?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can insert a conditional field in the header:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "" "Place contents of other pages here" }

To add each pair of field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Use F9 to update
the field. Press Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes in the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I have a document that I need to have the header removed from the last page
to insert information without a header.
I am using Microsoft 2007, can anyone assist?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Cheryl,

If you use a Section break as Graham suggests, you may find that you'll have to re-work the contents of the last two pages whenever
the document is edited, especially if you use a 'Next Page' Section break.

Another approach is to embed the header text in a field. To do this:
.. put double quotes at both ends of the header text (eg "header text").
.. select the header text and double quotes press Ctrl- F9 to create a pair of field braces around them. You should see something
like: { "header text"}
.. inside the left end of the fields, insert two more fields (via Ctrl- F9), thus: { { } { } "header text"}
.. fill in/around the fields, thus: {IF{PAGE} {NUMPAGES} "header text"}, being careful with the spacing.
.. when you're done, select the field and press F9 to update it.

Your header should now appear on all except the last page.

--
Cheers
macropod