Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tuggie tuggie is offline

Default Hcw.exe and Word 2007

I have used various versions of Word over the years to create .rtf files to
compile into .hlp files using hcw.exe with no problems. However with Word
2007 all of the text is 8pt Times New Roman rather than the various sizes of
Arial that I used in teh .rtf file and there are other font formatting
problems like missing bold. I know that thils is an old program, but it works
for me! Any suggestions as to how to get round this problem (other than
reverting to a previous version of Word).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I am not familiar with the use of hcw.exe, but if you save Word 2007
documents as RTF then the fonts in that document are retained as can be seen
from opening it in WordPad.

tuggie wrote:
I have used various versions of Word over the years to create .rtf
files to compile into .hlp files using hcw.exe with no problems.
However with Word 2007 all of the text is 8pt Times New Roman rather
than the various sizes of Arial that I used in teh .rtf file and
there are other font formatting problems like missing bold. I know
that thils is an old program, but it works for me! Any suggestions as
to how to get round this problem (other than reverting to a previous
version of Word).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Just a thought - the old Word 6 converter can be downloaded from my web
site, which produces RTF format that some applications are happier using.