Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tnhighc tnhighc is offline

Default text boxes

I have used Word for years, but I cannot figure out how to make the text in a
document (outside the text box) move on down the page as the text box expands.
the situation: I am trying to create a form for our investigators to use to
put in case histories on the their investigations. I used text boxes so that
they can type in all they need to without having to do a lot of reformatting.
So, the text box is where they will actually fill in a lot of information
under a certain category. The text box works great, it expands as more text
is entered, but the text outside the text bos just gets covered up by the
text box.
Is there any way to have the text box "push" the lines below it down?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the text box and right-click its border. From the context menu, click
Format Text Box. On the Layout tab, choose some other option than "In front
of text."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tnhighc" wrote in message
I have used Word for years, but I cannot figure out how to make the text in
document (outside the text box) move on down the page as the text box
expands.
the situation: I am trying to create a form for our investigators to use
put in case histories on the their investigations. I used text boxes so
that
they can type in all they need to without having to do a lot of
reformatting.
So, the text box is where they will actually fill in a lot of information
under a certain category. The text box works great, it expands as more
text
is entered, but the text outside the text bos just gets covered up by the
text box.
Is there any way to have the text box "push" the lines below it down?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"tnhighc" wrote in message
Thank you. Don't know why I couldn't figure that out. I appreciate your
help.

You are welcome.

Note that the meaning of the various text wrapping options in Word is far
from transparent.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP