Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mirajude mirajude is offline

Default Can't protect Word 2003 form

I have a form that I created a year or so ago. I needed to make some edits,
so I unprotected it, but now I can't turn the protection back on. The "Start
Enforcing Protection" button is grayed out in the Protect Document pane, and
the "Protect Form" button in the Forms toolbar is grayed out as well.

I tried saving as a new document, and tried closing down Word and reopening,
but neither thing worked. What's going on?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Control Toolbox toolbar, click Design Mode to turn that option off.

Did you add one or more ActiveX controls to your form? If so, macro security
would force Design mode. To work around this, make sure to clear any ActiveX
controls from your form, and use only form fields (from the Forms toolbar).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mirajude" wrote in message
I have a form that I created a year or so ago. I needed to make some edits,
so I unprotected it, but now I can't turn the protection back on. The
"Start
Enforcing Protection" button is grayed out in the Protect Document pane,
and
the "Protect Form" button in the Forms toolbar is grayed out as well.

I tried saving as a new document, and tried closing down Word and
reopening,
but neither thing worked. What's going on?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mirajude mirajude is offline

That worked! I hadn't inserted any Active X controls, but obviously did
something that triggered Design mode. Thanks for the help!

"mirajude" wrote in message
I have a form that I created a year or so ago. I needed to make some edits,
so I unprotected it, but now I can't turn the protection back on. The
"Start
Enforcing Protection" button is grayed out in the Protect Document pane,
and
the "Protect Form" button in the Forms toolbar is grayed out as well.

I tried saving as a new document, and tried closing down Word and
reopening,
but neither thing worked. What's going on?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!

--