MATT

Default Document Background Not Printed

I have created a document and am using a .GIF image for a background (Format
- Background - Fill Effects - picture) This works fine, except when I print
or Print Preview, the background is not shown/printed. I have check the box
for "Drawing Objects" in the Include With Document in the options dialog box.
How can i print the document with the background and all.
Thank you
-MATT
CyberTaz

Hello Matt-

Backgrounds are mostly intended for Web Page/Screen display.

If you want them to print, go to ToolsOptionsPrint (or click the Options
button while in the Print dialog box) and put a check in the box for
Background Colors and Images.

HTH |:)

"MATT" wrote:

I have created a document and am using a .GIF image for a background (Format
- Background - Fill Effects - picture) This works fine, except when I print
or Print Preview, the background is not shown/printed. I have check the box
for "Drawing Objects" in the Include With Document in the options dialog box.
How can i print the document with the background and all.
Thank you
-MATT

MATT

Thank you for your reply. In the ToolsOptionsPrint Dialog box, there is
not an Item called Background Colors and Images. There is one called
Background Printing, and this item is checked, however, the background still
will not print.
-MATT

"MATT" wrote:

I have created a document and am using a .GIF image for a background (Format
- Background - Fill Effects - picture) This works fine, except when I print
or Print Preview, the background is not shown/printed. I have check the box
for "Drawing Objects" in the Include With Document in the options dialog box.
How can i print the document with the background and all.
Thank you
-MATT

This option was introduced in Word 2003. In earlier versions, there are two
ways to create a printable background:

1. Save the document as a Web page, open it in your browser, set the
Internet Options to print background images, and print from your browser.

2. Use a "watermark" instead of a "background." In Word 2002 (and 2003), you
can use the Format | Background | Printed Watermark feature. For earlier
versions, see €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97 and in Microsoft Word
2000€ at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324

"MATT" wrote:

I have created a document and am using a .GIF image for a background

(Format
- Background - Fill Effects - picture) This works fine, except when I

print
or Print Preview, the background is not shown/printed. I have check

the box
for "Drawing Objects" in the Include With Document in the options

dialog box.
How can i print the document with the background and all.
Thank you
-MATT

Jay Freedman

The printing option first became available in Word 2002, I think, or maybe
2003 (it's getting hard to keep these things straight). Since you don't have
it, the only way you can print a background is to insert the picture in the
usual manner (Insert Picture From File) and set its wrapping to Behind
Text. If you do this while the cursor is in regular text, it will be only on
that page; if the cursor is in the header, the picture will appear on every
page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman