Phr@nk

Default The printer has not yet responded, but the MS Office program m

Jimmy,

My workaround has always been this, Delete the printer that you have
installed, After that go to File and server Properties delete the driver.
Reinstall the printers. and it has always worked for me. This Office 2k3
is a joke.

"Jimmy Clay" wrote:

I did read that on the internet, but my printer is the default. Perhaps I
don't understand about what makes a local printer. I did uninstall and then
reinstall the driver but I was never asked about making it a local or
network printer; also, my computer is not part of a network.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In the Printers folder, select the desired printer as the default. Word
will
use that printer unless you select another. It should be a *local*
printer;
if you're printing to a network printer, be sure the driver is installed
locally.

so
all may benefit.

"Jimmy Clay" wrote in message
Every time I start Word I get the message "The printer has not yet
responded, but the MS Office program may be able to proceed without

printer
information." Does anyone no how to stop that from happening?

I have done some research on the internet and I'm not the only one
getting
the message, but I did not see that anyone had a solution, although there
were a few hints. On my computer I discovered two things that I believe
might be the source of the problem.

First, my printer will not stay selected in the File - Printer dialog

box.
I'll select it, and it's fine until I turn off the computer and then turn

it
back on if will no longer be selected. In fact no printer will be

selected.

Second, perhaps this is related, perhaps not; I'm not sure. But if I go

Control Panel - Printers, then double click on my printer a box will pop

up
that shows what documents are being queue. If I go to the File menu and
select Use Printer Offline it will stay selected until I turn off the
computer, but then when I turn on the computer it will be unselected.
I'm
not sure if this connected to the problem above but it's just something I
noticed.

Jimmy Clay

Read free ebooks !!!!!
Go to my web page: