Wanda B. Red

Default Word suddenly stopped inserting continuous section breaks; why?

I need to insert continuous section breaks in a project. Until yesterday all
was well. Suddenly the insert column only allows me to insert breaks that
start on a new page. Simultaneously I've lost the command that has me create
a new blank document, though there are ways around this. How can I get back
the option to create a continuous section break? Thanks