Cherie

Default word documents change when opened on another computer

What happens is when I open a Word document on my computer, any
changes/corrections that were made show up. But when my boss opens the same
document on his computer, the changes/corrections are gone and it reverts
back to the way it was without the corrections. My boss and I both have the
same version of Word 2003 on our computers and we are both running Windows
2000. We are stumped by this and would appreciate any guidance or insight
into this bizarre occurance.
Thanks.
Jay Freedman

Cherie wrote:
What happens is when I open a Word document on my computer, any
changes/corrections that were made show up. But when my boss opens
the same document on his computer, the changes/corrections are gone
and it reverts back to the way it was without the corrections. My
boss and I both have the same version of Word 2003 on our computers
and we are both running Windows 2000. We are stumped by this and
would appreciate any guidance or insight into this bizarre occurance.
Thanks.

On the reviewing toolbar, change the "Original" setting to "Final With
Markup".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon

You have track changes set in your document. You have it set to view Final
or Final with Markup. Your boss has it set to view original.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Cherie" wrote in message
What happens is when I open a Word document on my computer, any
changes/corrections that were made show up. But when my boss opens the
same
document on his computer, the changes/corrections are gone and it reverts
back to the way it was without the corrections. My boss and I both have
the
same version of Word 2003 on our computers and we are both running Windows
2000. We are stumped by this and would appreciate any guidance or insight
into this bizarre occurance.
Thanks.

CyberTaz

Hi Cheri-

When you refer to the changes & corrections "showing up", do you mean the
actual content or the markup that results from using Word's Track Changes
feature?

If the _former_ it sounds like you and your boss are working with 2
different files stored in 2 different folders, but having the same file name.
You're editing one 'copy' & the boss is opening the other. Possible?

Regards |:)