amz

Default How do I unlock a document?

Help please!

Everytime I open a new document or an existing document i cannot modify it.
At the bottom of the page a message comes up saying "This modification is not
allowed because the document is locked"
I've tried a virus scan and the scan reported nothing, and I've also checked
properties to see if the documents were under "read only" and they're not.
Could you please help, as I don't know what else it could be?

Thank you, Amy
garfield-n-odie

This usually happens either because you have not activated your
Word/Office software, or because you have an expired trial version of
Office 2003. What happens if you start Word and click on Help |
Activate Product? If you are already activated, a dialog box saying so
will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation Wizard will
start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box will prompt
you to enter a valid product key or purchase a key online.

amz wrote:

Help please!

Everytime I open a new document or an existing document i cannot modify it.
At the bottom of the page a message comes up saying "This modification is not
allowed because the document is locked"
I've tried a virus scan and the scan reported nothing, and I've also checked
properties to see if the documents were under "read only" and they're not.
Could you please help, as I don't know what else it could be?

Thank you, Amy

amz

I'm really sorry but that didn't help. I went into help/activate document and
it was already activated. My word and Powerpoint are both afected and i'm
sure that the softwear hasn't expired because i brought mircosoft office the
student addition. I have just performed another virus scan and still nothing
came up. Can you suggest anything else to help me please????

thank you for reply, Amz