bluckey

Default How can i retrieve a corrupted Word file

I finished creating a Word document and was in the process of formating a
(400k) graphic when the doc froze. I had saved it just after adding the
graphic. Any tips on how to retreive my doc? Thanks.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Ymx1Y2tleQ==?=,

I finished creating a Word document and was in the process of formating a
(400k) graphic when the doc froze. I had saved it just after adding the
graphic. Any tips on how to retreive my doc?

You can't open the file you saved?

Which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmlsbCBMdWNrZXk=?=,

The file opens, but as soon as it does so, freezes. I am using Word in the
Office XP suite.

That's not good sigh.

How about using Insert/File to bring it into another document? Does that also
freeze?

If it does, then the only thing you'll be able to do is to recover the text. In
File/Open, there's a file type named "Recover text from any document" you can
use to pull out the text.

I finished creating a Word document and was in the process of formating a
(400k) graphic when the doc froze. I had saved it just after adding the
graphic. Any tips on how to retreive my doc?

You can't open the file you saved?

Which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

bluckey

Wow Cindy, It worked! That is reall great. I really needed the text.
what a great tool to have. Thank you so much for your time.

Bill Luckey

"Bill Luckey" wrote:

The file opens, but as soon as it does so, freezes. I am using Word in the
Office XP suite.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Ymx1Y2tleQ==?=,

I finished creating a Word document and was in the process of formating a
(400k) graphic when the doc froze. I had saved it just after adding the
graphic. Any tips on how to retreive my doc?

You can't open the file you saved?

Which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

bluckey

By the way, I used the "File/Open/Retrieve text from any document" solution.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 11:32 PM