Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bonnie

Default automaticly delete carriage returns

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know of a way to
automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm .

Bonnie wrote:

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know of a way to
automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

You can use Find and Replace (Ctrl+H). In the Find what box type (without
quotes) "^p" (that means Paragraph Mark, or carriage return), in the Replace
with box type a space, since you probably want a space between the last word
in a line and the first word in the next line. Click Replace All, all all
the carriage returns in the document will be replaced with a space.

"Bonnie" wrote:

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know of a way to
automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bonnie

Thank you! I was aware of the ctrl H function, but I did not know how to
make it find returns.

Having done this I now realize I wasn't clear. I have a list of
information, namereturn address return, return return namereturn
address return repeat... I am attempting to remove the 2 (or in some cases
more than 2) returns that are in-between.

Any suggestions??

"Bonnie" wrote:

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know of a way to
automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Try this: Find what: ^p^p^p and in Replace with: ^p^p. This will keep the
line ending paragraph mark and the blank line between names and address
combinations together. Repeat this a few times, if necessary, to clear out
the extraneous paragraph returns.

"Bonnie" wrote:

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know of a way to
automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

For an easy to use Add-in that does this sort of thing almost
effortlessly, see:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Or set the wildcard option and replace
^13{2,}
with the number of paragraph marks you actually want between addresses eg
^p
See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

"Bonnie" wrote:

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know
of a way to automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think we're getting away from the actual problem here. If there is a
paragraph break at the end of every line (and two between actual
paragraphs), there will not be any instances of three paragraph breaks in a
row.

"Bonnie" wrote:

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know
of a way to automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

"I am attempting to remove the 2 (or in some cases more than 2) returns that
are in-between"
Suggests there could be three or more to me?