Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kim

Default grey markers

Can anyone tell me where the setting is to shut this feature off? Some users
have think grey lines in the four corners of the word window. Showing you
where your margins and headers/footers are. I don't know why it bothers so
many people, but I can't figure out what setting it is to turn this on or
off. the lines look like an L or an L backwards.

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc

Kim,
Tools - Options - View tab, uncheck the box next to "Text boundaries".
It could also be that you have an Asian language enabled in Start -
Programs - Microsoft Office Tools - Microsoft Office XP Language
Settings - remove the Asian language there and you should be OK.
--
Luc Sanders (MVP - Powerpoint)
"Kim" schreef in bericht
Can anyone tell me where the setting is to shut this feature off? Some
users
have think grey lines in the four corners of the word window. Showing you
where your margins and headers/footers are. I don't know why it bothers
so
many people, but I can't figure out what setting it is to turn this on or
off. the lines look like an L or an L backwards.

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See €śMargin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you
open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

"Kim" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where the setting is to shut this feature off? Some

users
have think grey lines in the four corners of the word window. Showing you
where your margins and headers/footers are. I don't know why it bothers

so
many people, but I can't figure out what setting it is to turn this on or
off. the lines look like an L or an L backwards.

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kim

thank you very much

"Kim" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where the setting is to shut this feature off? Some

users
have think grey lines in the four corners of the word window. Showing you
where your margins and headers/footers are. I don't know why it bothers

so
many people, but I can't figure out what setting it is to turn this on or
off. the lines look like an L or an L backwards.

thanks.

How do I get rid of grey boxes around cells in my Word table? Stumped_on_Word Microsoft Word Help 1 March 24th 06 04:36 AM
strange markers on my page much like guillotine markers in printin ciwstudybabe Page Layout 1 March 15th 06 10:53 PM
Margin Markers SamDev Page Layout 3 June 8th 05 12:02 AM
Margin Markers Andibevan New Users 1 May 10th 05 01:58 PM
Format, autoformat removes paragraph markers Ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 March 19th 05 12:07 AM