Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cappa

Default Form Fields in a Table

Hi,
I'm creating a form and using form fields in a table.
I know how to stop the writing from pushing the table to the right (thanks
to this group discussion) but I want to stop the writing from going down the
the next line and pushing the table down. I have tried everything mentioned
in the discussion and viewed different websites. I am sure it's just a click
of a button.

Basically I just want to be able to use the "Unlimited" form field but have
the writing fill up the length of the cell and then stop. I have also tried
inserting a frame.

Is this possible?

Thanking you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Hi Cappa,

You didn't try quite everything mentioned in the group -- you must
have missed my reply to a similar question at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2f996d7?hl=en&
and quite a few other answers like it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 19 May 2006 17:54:01 -0700, Cappa
wrote:

Hi,
I'm creating a form and using form fields in a table.
I know how to stop the writing from pushing the table to the right (thanks
to this group discussion) but I want to stop the writing from going down the
the next line and pushing the table down. I have tried everything mentioned
in the discussion and viewed different websites. I am sure it's just a click
of a button.

Basically I just want to be able to use the "Unlimited" form field but have
the writing fill up the length of the cell and then stop. I have also tried
inserting a frame.

Is this possible?

Thanking you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cappa

Thanks Jay. I did see similar responses, but now realised I missed a step.

It worked although they can still type underneath but you can''t see it
which is fine, although I was wondering if once the user reaches the end of
the cell they cannot type at all. Is this possible, or am I asking for to
much?

Really appreciate your help.

wrote:

Hi,
I'm creating a form and using form fields in a table.
I know how to stop the writing from pushing the table to the right (thanks
to this group discussion) but I want to stop the writing from going down the
the next line and pushing the table down. I have tried everything mentioned
in the discussion and viewed different websites. I am sure it's just a click
of a button.

Basically I just want to be able to use the "Unlimited" form field but have
the writing fill up the length of the cell and then stop. I have also tried
inserting a frame.

Is this possible?

Thanking you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Sadly, yes, you are asking more than Word is designed to handle. If
the field length is set to Unlimited, there's no other mechanism to
limit typing.

If you create a UserForm
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm), there
are ways to program the text entry box in the UserForm to do all sorts
of things that aren't possible with a form field. Post back if you
need help getting started with that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman