Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aurora

Default Header Table

I am using Word 2003

I have to put a new header on old procedures. I created the header in Arial
font and saved it as a template. The header is a table format. The second
page header is also a table.

I bring up the template then copy the body of the old document onto the new
header page(s). Sometimes it automatically changes the header to times roman
font. I then have to change it back to Arial. When all of my changes are
done, I print the file and save it. But sometimes when I go back in to pull
up the file again, the header is back in the times roman font. Why does this
happen? What am I missing? Please Help.

In the styles area - does header refer to a header on a page document - Ex:
"Name of Document" centered and all caps or does the header style refer to
a header such as "header and footer"? Could this have anything to do with my
problem?

Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

The style 'header' is just a style like any other. It refers to the
paragraphs to which you have applied it (whether in the header or anywhere
else). By the sounds of it, you have formatted your header manually, by
applying font and size settings directly to the text. The problem -- as
you've found -- is that the settings can revert to the underlying style.

Do all your formatting by defining and applying styles.

"Aurora" wrote in message
[...]

Header with picture or text box Scott Page Layout 15 April 28th 23 02:52 AM
20x20 multiplication table Bob S Tables 2 December 24th 05 02:27 PM
Protected table header jsmith Tables 2 September 29th 05 08:44 PM
Table headers/footers and layout Keith Page Layout 1 April 8th 05 07:37 PM
add a "How to create a table header" article to word-assistance Martin Tables 2 February 24th 05 12:31 PM