Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
csobczak csobczak is offline

Default How do you clear the "Start from existing document" list mail merg

It looks like and acts like a most recently used list, but you can not clear
the contents. Does anyone know how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Experiments suggest that this MRU is held in Word's "Data" key in the
registry at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Data

probably in the "Settings" value. I don't know of a way to clear the list
other than deleting or renaming that value, but the values in Data contain a
lot of configuration information so it is unwise to do that unless you are
really willing to discard all that information.

Peter Jamieson