Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Word should automatically generate a task in Outlook for followup

I write many letters at my work and often have to set myself a serperate
reminder to follow up the letters in a few weeks. It would be handy if Word
could provide the option to automatically generate a task in Outlook as a if
the document needs to be followed up at a future date (not everything can be
sent via email which provides similar flexibilty).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Beth is offline

Hi Andrew

I am needing to do the same thing as you are suggesting.

Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

Thanks
Beth

"andrew" wrote:

I write many letters at my work and often have to set myself a serperate
reminder to follow up the letters in a few weeks. It would be handy if Word
could provide the option to automatically generate a task in Outlook as a if
the document needs to be followed up at a future date (not everything can be
sent via email which provides similar flexibilty).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The basic code would be something like:

Sub AddOutlookTask()
Dim ol As New Outlook.Application
Dim ct As TaskItem

Set ct = ol.CreateItem(olTaskItem)
ct.Subject = "Subject"
ct.Body = "This is a reminder"
ct.StartDate = Format((Date + 10), "dd MM yyyy")
ct.DueDate = Format((Date + 14), "dd MM yyyy")
ct.Importance = olImportanceHigh
ct.Categories = InputBox("Category?", "Categories")
ct.Save
Set ol = Nothing
Exit Sub
UserCancelled:
MsgBox "User Cancelled or address not selected"
Set ol = Nothing
End Sub

You can modify this to your own requirements.

"andrew" wrote:

I write many letters at my work and often have to set myself a
serperate reminder to follow up the letters in a few weeks. It would
be handy if Word could provide the option to automatically generate
a task in Outlook as a if the document needs to be followed up at a
future date (not everything can be sent via email which provides
similar flexibilty).

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have been playing around with this for my own use and the following may be
nearer what you need:

Sub AddOutlookTask()
Dim ol As New Outlook.Application
Dim ct As TaskItem
Dim fName As String
Dim flName As String
If ActiveDocument.Saved = False Then
ActiveDocument.Save
End If
Set ct = ol.CreateItem(olTaskItem)
fName = ActiveDocument.Name
flName = ActiveDocument.FullName

ct.Subject = "Follow up " & fName
ct.Body = "If no reply to" & vbCr & _
flName & vbCr & "further action required"

ct.StartDate = Date + 10
ct.DueDate = Date + 14