Fred

Default Why does layout change?

I create a Word2000 document on my PC. Problem is when others in the company
review it some things are different. Like a line that is on a page when on
my PC is on the next page when viewed on another's PC.
Could it be that we have different printers assigned? But what sense can
that make because when we send the document what kind of printer does he
have?
The documnet should look excatly the same on any PC any idea why it does
not?
Thanks
Forrest

garfield-n-odie

Different printer drivers can cause a document to look different from
one computer to another. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/shar...matChange.html for
other reasons.

Fred wrote:

I create a Word2000 document on my PC. Problem is when others in the company
review it some things are different. Like a line that is on a page when on
my PC is on the next page when viewed on another's PC.
Could it be that we have different printers assigned? But what sense can
that make because when we send the document what kind of printer does he
have?
The documnet should look excatly the same on any PC any idea why it does
not?
Thanks
Forrest

Jezebel

Usually means you've used fonts that the recipient doesn't have. It can be
printer related -- Word is trying to display what it thinks you'll end up
with when the document is printed -- and if you're comparing printouts
(rather than on-screen) it can be affected by whether the fonts are
downloaded or replaced by built-in printer fonts.