Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
srw srw is offline

Default Changing ruler bar appearance

I have just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003 and the ruler bars are driving me
nuts. Rather than numbers I would just like to have the tic marks. Can this
be changed. Also, at the bottom it doesn't show me what line I am on (on any
particular page). How do I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shona
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

My guess is you are showing character units on the ruler - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm
Do you have the status bar displayed - tools options view status bar?

srw wrote:
I have just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003 and the ruler bars are
driving me nuts. Rather than numbers I would just like to have the
tic marks. Can this be changed. Also, at the bottom it doesn't show
me what line I am on (on any particular page). How do I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shona

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
srw srw is offline

Thank you so much. That fixed the character problem. The only other issue I
have immediately is on the status bar it does not show the line # (it is
grayed out). How can I change or adjust this?

srw wrote:
I have just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003 and the ruler bars are
driving me nuts. Rather than numbers I would just like to have the
tic marks. Can this be changed. Also, at the bottom it doesn't show
me what line I am on (on any particular page). How do I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shona

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi SRW,

Whether the line# appears on the status bar can be influenced determined by the 'view' choice you are currently using. It is
displayed in 'print layout' view as that view is reflecting the print result you should get. In 'Normal' (draft), web, or outline
views the 'LN' display has to tie in to the printer choice and is greyed out.

===========
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
srw srw is offline

Bob,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. However, I am in the print view and was
in the previous version which showed the line # at the bottom, but for some
reason, now it doesn't. It sometimes will show up, but maybe it was that
particular document. I will let it be for a couple of days and see what it
does.

Thanks for the help.
Shona