Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

Default Cell Formatting

Hello,

I am using word 2003. I would like to force the formatting in my cells to
switch to upper case if the user types in lower case. I thought this may be
done in styles but I can't find the option to go to upper case. If I do it
using the "Formatting" then Change Case, it doesn't hold for the cells.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Define a style that's based on Normal style and adds the font
formatting "All Caps". Apply that style to some or all the cells in
the table.

Unless the content of the table is supposed to be acronyms, though, I
think this is a horrible idea. All-caps text is very hard to read, and
it makes it harder to spot typing errors.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:32:04 -0400, "Linda RQ"
wrote:

Hello,

I am using word 2003. I would like to force the formatting in my cells to
switch to upper case if the user types in lower case. I thought this may be
done in styles but I can't find the option to go to upper case. If I do it
using the "Formatting" then Change Case, it doesn't hold for the cells.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

It's only days of the week in one row M, T, W, R, F, S and 3 characters X C
R in another row. The people are submitting this to me and use different
case in the same document. It's driving me crazy looking at that.

When I went in to the styles to make a custom style, I couldn't figure out
how to get to the All Caps in there. I have formatted the cells and opened
up styles and tried to make a new style but it's not saving it. No errors,
just not a choice after I think I saved it. If I go in to styles and try to
create a new one, I can't figure out how to add the All Caps, I only have
the general formatting menu to pick from.

Thanks,
Linda

wrote:

Hello,

I am using word 2003. I would like to force the formatting in my cells to
switch to upper case if the user types in lower case. I thought this may
be
done in styles but I can't find the option to go to upper case. If I do
it
using the "Formatting" then Change Case, it doesn't hold for the cells.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

After you click the New button in the Styles dialog and give the new style a
name, click the Format button at the bottom of the dialog and select Font
from the popup menu. The next dialog looks just like the Format Font
dialog, and you can check the All Caps option. When you click OK, that will
be included in the style's definition.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

Hello,

I am using word 2003. I would like to force the formatting in my
cells to switch to upper case if the user types in lower case. I
thought this may be
done in styles but I can't find the option to go to upper case. If
I do it
using the "Formatting" then Change Case, it doesn't hold for the
cells. Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

Geeze, forgot that was there, I had my focus on the Format/Change Case menu.

Thanks!

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
After you click the New button in the Styles dialog and give the new style
a name, click the Format button at the bottom of the dialog and select
Font from the popup menu. The next dialog looks just like the Format
Font dialog, and you can check the All Caps option. When you click OK,
that will be included in the style's definition.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.