Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jimcdenver jimcdenver is offline

Default Wierd issue with paragraph borders

Sometimes I will add a bottom border to a single line paragraph (i.e. a
header ) and it just won't show up no matter what I try. The same border
treatment (1/2 pt, bottom only) works with all the other heads in the
document. I have tried clearing the formatting of the paragraph and starting
over. I have tried copying and pasting a head with working border into that
location and while the rest of the formats come over, the border line does
not. The Border preview window shows the line. If I paste the offending head
elsewhere in the document, the line still doesn't show but it does if I paste
into a different document. If I add another line above the text, then both
top and bottom lines appear but as soon as I deselect the upper line, the
bottom one is gone .

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word is very literal. If you apply a bottom border to more than one
paragraph, Word applies it to only the last. If you want a border on every
paragraph, you need to apply an Inside Horizontal Border.