Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecrosson ecrosson is offline

Default scroll region

Trying to set up a "scrolling region" so that the cursor (arrow keys - CR,
etc) controls won't let the cursor scroll to less than 5 lines from the top
or bottom of the screen. Gets inconvenient when making massive changes on a
large document to have to keep moving up or down simply to see what goes
before or comes after the current edit. Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi ecrosson

ecrosson wrote:
Trying to set up a "scrolling region" so that the cursor (arrow keys - CR,
etc) controls won't let the cursor scroll to less than 5 lines from the top
or bottom of the screen. Gets inconvenient when making massive changes on a
large document to have to keep moving up or down simply to see what goes
before or comes after the current edit. Can someone help?

Not _entirely_ sure whether this is your problem, but if I understand
you correctly, working either in Normal view or suppressing display of
Headers and Footers in PageLayout view might help?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecrosson ecrosson is offline

Thanks - Tried it. This still allows the cursor to scroll to the top or
bottom line of the screen putting some of the context of changes out of view.
What I'm trying to do is the equivalent of SCROLL LOCK where the cursor
stays relatively steady and the document scrolls past it. This used to work,
but somewhere in the past several generations of improvements, it seems to
have gone away.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi ecrosson

ecrosson wrote:
Trying to set up a "scrolling region" so that the cursor (arrow keys - CR,
etc) controls won't let the cursor scroll to less than 5 lines from the top
or bottom of the screen. Gets inconvenient when making massive changes on a
large document to have to keep moving up or down simply to see what goes
before or comes after the current edit. Can someone help?

Not _entirely_ sure whether this is your problem, but if I understand
you correctly, working either in Normal view or suppressing display of
Headers and Footers in PageLayout view might help?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

ecrosson wrote:
Thanks - Tried it. This still allows the cursor to scroll to the top or
bottom line of the screen putting some of the context of changes out of view.
What I'm trying to do is the equivalent of SCROLL LOCK where the cursor
stays relatively steady and the document scrolls past it. This used to work,
but somewhere in the past several generations of improvements, it seems to
have gone away.

Ah, now I see what you mean. Well, I've never heard of something like
that in Word, but that doesn't mean it's not there or wasn't ever.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS