Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Steve is offline

Default Tables and forms.

I need to create a document that allows me to enter information in the tab
(table cell) without the size, frame or format changing. What I want is very
simple but I can not get it to work. For example if I type "Name:" and right
next to it I create a one cell table or form, when I enter the information
the size of the box expands. I don't want that to happen. I need the box to
stay the same without going to a second line or adding characters to the
right. How can I do this? How can I lock the size of this box (table)? Can
someone explain in detail? Pardon if I sounding way too ignorant about this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Turn off auto resizing in the table and set the cell to an exact row height
and preferred column width.

"Steve" wrote in message
I need to create a document that allows me to enter information in the tab
(table cell) without the size, frame or format changing. What I want is

very
simple but I can not get it to work. For example if I type "Name:" and

right
next to it I create a one cell table or form, when I enter the information
the size of the box expands. I don't want that to happen. I need the box

stay the same without going to a second line or adding characters to the
right. How can I do this? How can I lock the size of this box (table)? Can
someone explain in detail? Pardon if I sounding way too ignorant about

this.

Tables and Formulas in Forms Bert0529 Tables 1 October 13th 06 09:16 PM
Forms in tables NDN Tables 1 June 2nd 06 08:50 PM
Forms & Tables Help Needed Formatting Long Documents 1 September 1st 05 06:34 PM
Tables and Forms FredEp57 Tables 1 July 7th 05 07:50 PM
Forms and tables FredEp57 Tables 1 June 28th 05 10:30 PM