Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
fg3e772 fg3e772 is offline

Default How do I protect cell(s) in a table using Word?

How do I protect cell(s) in a table using Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

fg3e772 wrote:
How do I protect cell(s) in a table using Word?

The critical question is, what version of Word?

In versions before 2003 (or maybe 2002, I don't have that to check it), you
can't. The best you can do is to protect the whole document (or possibly
just the section containing the table) for forms, and put form fields in the
cells that you want to allow to be edited. The protection has side effects
such as disabling the spell checker.

In Word 2003, there's an additional protection mechanism. You can protect
the entire document against editing, and then allow exceptions for all the
parts of the document outside the individual cells you want to protect. This
is tedious to set up, but it works.

In Word 2007, in addition to the previous two methods, you can use content
controls. Put text in the control and set it to disallow editing of its
contents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How do I protect a single cell in a table Harry B Tables 1 January 26th 07 05:42 PM
How do I move from cell to cell iin a table column in Word 2003? MOSwannabe Tables 4 January 26th 06 10:17 PM
How do i protect 1 individual cell in a Word table? simple si Tables 5 July 13th 05 06:39 PM
Protect cell in a table skooter Tables 1 February 7th 05 11:11 AM
How do I protect/lock an individual cell in a table in WORD? dickkpe Tables 3 November 19th 04 05:28 PM