Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CaseySue CaseySue is offline

Default Grey brackets at header and footer

I followed the directions suggested on 10.25.2006 but this has not resolved
my problem. Any other ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What is the problem?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CaseySue" wrote in message
I followed the directions suggested on 10.25.2006 but this has not resolved
my problem. Any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you referring to €śMargin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of
the page when you open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371?

"CaseySue" wrote in message
I followed the directions suggested on 10.25.2006 but this has not

resolved
my problem. Any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CaseySue CaseySue is offline

I'm not sure what they're called. At the corner of any Word 2003 document I
open, including a blank document, I find grey brackets at each corner. For
example, the brackets in the upper right and lower right corners looks
something like this

|________

On the upper left and lower left corners, the brackets are mirror images. A
posting on October 25, 2006 described a problem with Asian languages. I
followed the steps but I still have the brackets. Thoughts? Suggestions? I
also now seem to have paragraph icons on my Formatting tool bar...these just
showed up yesterday at the same time the grey brackets showed up. Two other
new formatting icons have also appeared, one called "Distributed" with
horizontal arrows and one called, "Line spacing" with vertical arrows. I
don't know if the icons are connect with the brackets, but it seems strange
they appeared at the same time.

"CaseySue" wrote in message
I followed the directions suggested on 10.25.2006 but this has not

resolved
my problem. Any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you are describing are definitely the "crop marks," and the KB article
I referenced explains how to disable support for Asian language. These do
also show up if you display text boundaries (Tools | Options | View), but
the appearance of new buttons on your toolbar suggests the work of an
add-in. Have you installed any new software lately that installs an add-in
in Word?

Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you referring to €śMargin marks or crop marks appear on each corner

of
the page when you open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.