Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
laned130 - Dave Lane laned130 - Dave Lane is offline

Default Can my address appear as one paragraph, without the line spacing?

In Word 2007 there is now a default line spacing of 1.15 between paragraphs,
termed "multiple". There is also a ckeckbox option which states "Don't add
space between paragraphs of the same style", and is unchecked by default.

A large number of Word users must be secretaries, who will spend a large
amount of our time writing letters, and I assume most people will want the
address to have single spacing. So:
- Is there a way of easiliy specifying this before typing the address?
- Is there a shortcut for this option?
- Since I am not particularly keen on the new spacing arangement anyway, is
there a way of specifying the default for a document, the default for all
documents, or even disabling the option completely?

TIA

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

By the way, the old keyboard shortcuts from Word 2003 and earlier to
apply single, 1.5, or double line spacing still work in Word 2007.
Select the text, and press Ctrl+1, Ctrl+5, or Ctrl+2.