Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LS LS is offline

Default Opening Word Forms originally created on 2003

Our business recently went from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I open
forms created on Word 2003, they no longer work as forms. For example, the
form is no longer locked. Secondly, drop down boxes don't work...etc...

Will I have to re-create all of my forms in 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The legacy form fields still work in 2007. If they were locked in 2003 they
should still be locked when you open them in 2007, however if they are not
still locked, you can lock them in 2007. The simplest way is to add the Lock
command to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) from the All commands group.

I used the forms toolbar as an example for
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm which you may find useful.