Mungo Jerry

Default How do I change default paper size

How do I change default paper size from 'Letter' to 'A4' size

Change the paper size in the Page Setup dialog, click Default..., and answer
Yes. If that doesn't work, also change it in the printer Properties. If even
that doesn't work, it may be because you have the system language set to
English (US) instead of English (UK) or whatever.

"Mungo Jerry" wrote in message
How do I change default paper size from 'Letter' to 'A4' size

Glad I could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change the paper size in the Page Setup dialog, click Default..., and

answer
Yes. If that doesn't work, also change it in the printer Properties. If

even
that doesn't work, it may be because you have the system language set to
English (US) instead of English (UK) or whatever.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mungo Jerry" wrote in message
How do I change default paper size from 'Letter' to 'A4' size

Aelfgifu

Thanks for this message, Suzanne. Unfortunately, have tried all these & it
still resets to Letter.

My language is set to UK, the default printer is set to A4 and I've clicked
the 'Default' button any number of times. It stays as A4 for that session
(i.e., until I close Word and re-open it) and then reverts back to Letter.

This is Word 2003 running under XP Home. Any other ideas?

Regards,
Kathleen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change the paper size in the Page Setup dialog, click Default..., and answer
Yes. If that doesn't work, also change it in the printer Properties. If even
that doesn't work, it may be because you have the system language set to
English (US) instead of English (UK) or whatever.

"Mungo Jerry" wrote in message
How do I change default paper size from 'Letter' to 'A4' size

Aelfgifu

Darn. I thought that was the answer ... the Regional Settings were set to UK,
but the Advanced tab had US English set. Changed that and rebooted, went
through the drill again (checked the Printer Properties), set page size to A4
and clicked Default.

Still no joy. It changed back again. It's Word 2003 SP 1 ... is there a
later service pack, maybe? It may be foolish of me, but I let Microsoft
trawl my PC and update all their stuff automatically so I sort of hoped that
I'd always be current with patches etc.

Thanks for the help anyway. I learned something new even if it didn't fix
the problem.
:-( Kathleen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change the paper size in the Page Setup dialog, click Default...,
and answer Yes. If that doesn't work, also change it in the printer
Properties. If even that doesn't work, it may be because you have
the system language set to English (US) instead of English (UK) or
whatever.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Mungo Jerry" wrote in message
How do I change default paper size from 'Letter' to 'A4' size

Graham Mayor

There are only three places that can affect the page layout

1. Windows Regional Settings
2. Printer Properties
3. The page setup in the document template (presumably normal.dot).

Microsoft's security and program updates will not change this.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change the paper size in the Page Setup dialog, click Default...,
and answer Yes. If that doesn't work, also change it in the printer
Properties. If even that doesn't work, it may be because you have
the system language set to English (US) instead of English (UK) or
whatever.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Mungo Jerry" wrote in
message ...
How do I change default paper size from 'Letter' to 'A4' size