Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

Default Deleting Unused Fonts

How do I delete unused fonts?
I intend on copying my current Normal.dotx as a different name to save it
and then I want to delete a bunch of the fonts in my Normal.dotx. If I need
a deleted font, I can go to by backup file and use it.
I have seen the post about which fonts NOT to delete.
--
Dave Robinson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:37:02 -0800, Dave Robinson wrote:

How do I delete unused fonts?
I intend on copying my current Normal.dotx as a different name to save it
and then I want to delete a bunch of the fonts in my Normal.dotx. If I need
a deleted font, I can go to by backup file and use it.
I have seen the post about which fonts NOT to delete.

Fonts are not "in" normal.dotm or any other part of Word. They're
installed in Windows, in the folder C:\Windows\Fonts, and Word (and
all other Windows programs) use what's there.

To remove fonts, move or delete their files from the Fonts folder.

If text in Word is formatted with a font that's no longer available in
your copy of Windows, it will substitute another font according to
some arcane rules about "similarity". In that case, you can go to
Office button Word Options Advanced, in the "Show document
content" section, and click the Font Substitution button; the
resulting dialog will show you any fonts that have been substituted
and let you pick a different substitute.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ontsSafely.htm for
more information.

--
Regards,