AllenD

Default How do I save using "MS-DOS TEXT W/ LAYOUT" in Office 2003?

In office versions prior to 2003 when I save a file there is an option in the
drop down box that says "MS-DOS Text with Layout". This option is NOT
available in Office 2003. I use a Scriptware software for saving my scripts
and this option is needed in order for Scriptware to convert all the proper
formatting. Scriptware wants the file to have a ".ASC" extension and this
option does that. Is there a workaround here or is that option available
somehow and I just missed it when I installed Office 2003. I'd appreciate
any information on this.

Thanks!
CyberTaz

Allen-

I use Word 2003 and that option is in the Save As type: list as usual.
Nothing about my copy of the program has been modified to add it, just a
normal installation.

Could it be that the script you're running was written to select file type
based on its position in the list in a specific version of Word? The list has
been updated to include other items, so if the script is looking to line 5
instead of line 9 it will select a type it can't use. Perhaps the script
needs to be updated... Just a thought.

HTH |:)

"AllenD" wrote:

In office versions prior to 2003 when I save a file there is an option in the
drop down box that says "MS-DOS Text with Layout". This option is NOT
available in Office 2003. I use a Scriptware software for saving my scripts
and this option is needed in order for Scriptware to convert all the proper
formatting. Scriptware wants the file to have a ".ASC" extension and this
option does that. Is there a workaround here or is that option available
somehow and I just missed it when I installed Office 2003. I'd appreciate
any information on this.

Thanks!

Select "Plain text." You will get a dialog box allowing you to select the
flavor you want.

"AllenD" wrote in message
In office versions prior to 2003 when I save a file there is an option in

the
drop down box that says "MS-DOS Text with Layout". This option is NOT
available in Office 2003. I use a Scriptware software for saving my

scripts
and this option is needed in order for Scriptware to convert all the

proper
formatting. Scriptware wants the file to have a ".ASC" extension and this
option does that. Is there a workaround here or is that option available
somehow and I just missed it when I installed Office 2003. I'd appreciate
any information on this.

Thanks!

How do I install Word 2003 Text with Layout save as type? ShadowMan Microsoft Word Help 0 April 5th 05 10:11 PM
How do I get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 01:17 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
text only visible in web layout view ecoplasm Page Layout 1 December 2nd 04 12:32 AM
merge data in a header or text box does not save JPCT Mailmerge 2 December 1st 04 03:45 PM